don’t be fooled because of its size and simplicity: lentils are a super food, that in addition to being easy to combine, prepare and obtain, provide many health benefits.
Also read: That easy! Prepare a delicious carrot cream
Suitable for all pockets, lentils are sometimes a quick way to prepare something without complicating yourself, but if you do not vary your recipe, you may tire of them easily. But for this there are variationsand if you are a fan of lentils this recipe is for you.
In addition, lentils are an ideal food for substitute meat and they are vegan friendly and vegetarians, perfect for making a hamburger, too. It is recommended to eat 3 times per week so as not to overdo it.
Lentils provide, among other benefits:
· protein that maintain and regenerate cells and fabrics of the body.
· healthy fats that maintain health cardiovascular.
· fibers that help in the digestion.
· Ironwhich prevents anemia.
· Potassium and magnesium to aid in the functions of the nervous system and muscles.
· vitamins fundamentals that act as antioxidants.
- 1 cup of lentils cooked and crushed in the food processor
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (one of them minced)
- 1 sprig of chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup ground oatmeal
- oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 grated carrot
1. In a skillet over medium heat put a little dand olive oil and cook the chopped onionand add the carrot. Season with a little salt and pepper. When the onion takes a tone transparent we add the lentils and mix everything. Care must be taken that the onion does not brown too much.
2. When everything is cooked, remove from the pan and let cool.
3. Add coriander, oatmeal and crush until all the ingredients form a homogeneous mixture.
4. Once incorporated, form meatball balls with the dough and in a pan with a little oil put them to saute. It is recommended to turn them constantly so as not to burn them. leave them until they are toasts or to taste and remove.
5. They can be served with sauce fresh tomatoes, chickpea hummus, curry and coconut milk or sour cream, and enjoy!
We suggest: Prepare this delicious seafood and avocado recipe in 45 minutes
Read more content like this here