Publish Your Article

Health & Fitness

Here are the most poisonous mushrooms in Polish forests. Some can be fatal. What are the symptoms of poisoning? 09/23/2022

Mushroom picking 2022. They are deadly, their consumption is life-threatening. What are the most poisonous mushrooms that can be found in Polish forests? What can they be confused with? What are the symptoms of poisoning? Check in our gallery.

The deadly poisonous fungi mainly damage the liver, kidneys and other parenchymal organs (e.g. spleen, heart). They contain venoms such as: amanitin, phalloidin, giromitrin, orelanin. This group of mushrooms includes, among others Venomous toadstool, green toadstool, toadstool, horse chestnut.

Another group includes poisonous fungi that act on the nervous system with toxic muscarinic causing irritation to the central nervous system and the parasympathetic system, which leads to the occurrence of the so-called muscarinic symptoms (sweating, drooling, lacrimation, constriction of the pupils, slower heart rate and difficulty breathing). This group of fungi includes, among others: shreds (e.g. brick shreds), toadstools and spotted toadstools, rolled krowiak (alder).

  • Only those mushrooms should be picked that are known to be edible (it is worth using atlases).
  • Only well-developed and well-developed mushrooms should be collected, because young fruiting bodies, without the developed characteristics of a given species, are most often the cause of tragic mistakes.
  • Beginner mushroom pickers should only pick tubular mushrooms as there are no deadly poisonous mushrooms in this group and there is a much lower risk of poisoning.
  • Wrong methods of identifying poisonous species should be avoided (onion color during cooking, darkening of a silver spoon, bitter taste – deadly poisonous species, such as greenish toadstool – stinkhorn, have a pleasant, sweet taste).
  • Mushrooms should be collected in airy baskets, in no case in plastic bags, as they cause infusion and accelerate mushroom spoilage.
  • Do not keep fresh mushrooms or mushroom dishes for too long.
  • You should not pick mushrooms in the vicinity of waste concentrations, i.e. at production plants, as well as those growing in ditches or at the edge of the forest and on roads with heavy traffic – the mushrooms absorb heavy metals and other pollutants from their surroundings.
  • Inedible and poisonous mushrooms should not be collected and destroyed, as many of these species are under protection and they are part of the ecosystem.
  • abdominal pain, epigastric pain,
  • persistent vomiting and diarrhea,
  • strong thirst,
  • muscle spasms, muscle twitching
  • heart and circulatory system disorders,
  • drop in blood pressure
  • liver pain
  • strongly dilated pupils,
  • states of excitement, intoxication, light-headedness, disturbance of consciousness, loss of consciousness,
  • coma

Source From: Gazetakrakowska

Related posts
Health & Fitness

Turkish scientists investigated the reason why some men survived Covid-19

Health & Fitness

Do not eat these products before bedtime! You eat it - you won't fall asleep! What causes insomnia? Don't eat it before bed! 8/12/2022

Health & Fitness

How to boost your metabolism naturally to burn more calories and fat? See what stimulates metabolism and what to eat to lose weight quickly

Health & Fitness

Who shouldn't eat bananas? They are a source of valuable ingredients, but they can be harmful

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Exit mobile version