Publish Your Article

Health & Fitness

Traps for mushroom pickers. The 10 most often confused edible mushrooms with poisonous ones

It’s not difficult to make a mistake when picking mushrooms. Even a seasoned mushroom picker can get lost and get the bitterness in the basket instead of the boletus. The most important rule, however, is to pick only mushrooms that are known to be edible. A mistake can have dire consequences. In the gallery of the 10 most common mushroom mistakes.

The nature of mushroom picking has not made it easier for us and edible mushrooms have their inedible or poisonous (sometimes deadly) counterparts.

EDIBLE MUSHROOMS – INEADABLE MUSHROOMS

  • chubajka kite, goose green, dove – greenish toadstool
  • tufted kite – toadstool
  • edible pepper (chanterelle) – orange fox
  • boletus boletus – boletus bile
  • field mushroom, two-spore mushroom, bush mushroom – yellowish mushroom
  • dandelion rydz – dandelion woolly
  • Honey fungus – bundle buttermilk
  • green goose – sulfur goose
  • Edible Morel – Chestnut Mole
  • Czubajka kite – sharp-pointed tuft, red-tinged tuft
  • Only collect mushrooms that you have no doubts are edible (it is worth using atlases).
  • Only collect mushrooms that have grown out. Collecting young fruiting bodies, without the characteristics of a given species, is the most common cause of tragic mistakes.
  • If you are a beginner mushroom picker, only collect tubular mushrooms. There are no deadly poisonous mushrooms in this group, so the risk of poisoning is much lower than in the case of lamellar mushrooms.
  • Do not use the wrong methods of identifying poisonous species, such as: darkening of onions when cooking with mushrooms, darkening of a silver spoon, bitter taste (there are deadly poisonous species with a pleasant, sweet taste, eg Amanita phalloides, Amanita verna).
  • Collect mushrooms in baskets or air-permeable containers. Do not use plastic bags – fungi deteriorate quickly in them, which can lead to poisoning.
  • Never pick mushrooms that grow in ditches, at the edge of the forest or near debris (e.g. at production sites or high-traffic roads), as the fungi absorb heavy metals and other pollutants from their surroundings.
  • Do not collect and destroy poisonous mushrooms. Many of these species are protected and part of the ecosystem.
  • If in doubt whether a mushroom is poisonous or edible, don’t take any chances! If doubts arise later, seek free advice from sanitary and epidemiological stations.

  • abdominal pain, epigastric pain,
  • persistent vomiting and diarrhea,
  • strong thirst,
  • muscle spasms, muscle twitching
  • heart and circulatory system disorders,
  • drop in blood pressure
  • liver pain
  • strongly dilated pupils,
  • states of excitement, intoxication, light-headedness, disturbance of consciousness, loss of consciousness,
  • coma

Source From: Gazetakrakowska

Related posts
Health & Fitness

Cervical cancer symptoms you should not ignore

Health & Fitness

ZUS changes the rules on sick leave. This is what the controls will look like now [28.09.2022 r.]

Health & Fitness

Donor complaint from professor: I wish we could transplant every day

Health & Fitness

Who will get the flu vaccine, is it paid? Influenza vaccine inquiry (E Pulse)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.